Scholarships and Eligibility
Children from low to moderate-income working families or with other identified risk factors, may receive scholarships to attend an early education program. Eligibility is determined by the parents’ income and must not exceed 150% of the federal poverty level. Participants in this program receive a developmentally appropriate curriculum, character education and a developmental screening. Additionally, this program allows parents to focus on professional and educational goals and begin to break the poverty cycle.
If you or your child meets criteria, you may be eligible for child care services at reduced or no cost, offered by Florida’s Office of Early Learning.
|Household Size||Maximum Household Income|
- Children from birth to thirteen years old
- Children living in income economically disadvantaged families
- Children with special needs or developmental concerns
- Parents or guardians that receive TANF
- Children under Protective Services
- Children in foster care
- Children living in certified domestic violence centers
- Children living in certified homeless shelters
How to Renew Your Eligibility
- CareerSource Pinellas participants must get an updated referral from their CareerSource Pinellas case manager to continue their eligibility.
- All participants in programs other than CareerSource Pinellas are required to complete the re-certification packet a minimum of once a year; some are required to complete the re certification package more often.
- On their initial paperwork, all participants are informed of their re-determination date. They are responsible for updating the information in their files by that date.
- At least 45 days prior to their re-determination date, the Coalition will mail out re-determination packets. If the Coalition does not receive the completed packet 15 business days before the re determination date, a termination pending notice will be sent.
- For your convenience, we have made the forms and procedures that comprise the Re-determination packet available in Adobe Acrobat format. Please download and print out any forms you may need from the SR Downloads page. The entire package must be submitted together.
- Technical assistance for re-determination is available by phone at 727-400-4411.
- All re-determination paperwork must be submitted to ELC Family Services by mail, fax, or drop off at any office prior to your eligibility termination date. An after hours drop box is available at the Coalition’s Clearwater office only.
Mail re-determination packets to:
Early Learning Coalition
Attention: Eligibility Services
2536 Countryside Blvd., Suite 500
Clearwater, FL 33763
Any change that occurs to a family’s income, employment, education status, or household size must be reported to the Coalition within 10 days of the change. This includes whether you become permanently or temporarily disabled. You should also report if your child(ren) stop going to their reported child care location. If you have any questions, please contact the Coalition’s Eligibility Department at 727-400-4411.