Inclusion Warm Line
``Inclusion: A value that supports the right of all children, regardless of their diverse abilities, to participate actively in natural settings within their communities. A natural setting is one in which the child would spend time had he or she not had a disability.``
- - Inclusion as defined by The Division of Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children
Inclusion Warm Line is a free support, information and referral service regarding the inclusion of children with special needs and disabilities in Pinellas County. The Warm Line is available to child care centers and family child care homes requesting information relating to the disability and special health care needs of the children they are serving.
Inclusion specialists at each coalition office in our State are dedicated:
- To increase the number of providers who offer quality inclusive programs for children with disabilities, challenging behaviors and special health care needs
- To enhance the confidence, ability level, and education of caregivers who care for children with disabilities, challenging behaviors and special health care needs
- To assist providers and the families they serve in understanding and accessing the community resources and services available for children with special needs
- To increase community awareness of the need for, the requirements of, and the benefits associated with inclusive child care for all children
In addition, our Warm Line inclusion specialist can also assist with the following issues:
Strategies for Managing Behavior
Child Development Concerns
Laws and Regulations (i.e. The Americans with Disabilities Act)
Please feel free to call with any questions about children and their social, emotional or cognitive development.
Liz Dixon has experience in a variety of early learning environments and has training in several fields. She is available as an advocate, a resource, or to partner with you as you include children with special needs in your child care program or family child care home.
The state’s Warm Line number in Tallahassee is 866-357-3239