FAMILY SERVICES MANAGER
Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County is searching for a Family Services Manager. The Family Services Manager is responsible for implementing, managing and overseeing the Family Services Department functions in support of the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas mission and goals. Family Services include eligibility determination for School Readiness, Child Care Executive Partnership, Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK), and other funding as available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include:
- Program Development
- Develop and implement local policies to support strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Review and implement new policies, rules and updates issued by Florida’s Office of Early Learning
- Collaborate with other department Directors, Managers, and Supervisors as needed in support of ELC mission and goals
- Research best practices related to Coalition programs and provide recommendations in strategic planning
- Collaborate in grant development process as needed
- Quality Assurance
- Respond to parent complaints and appeals.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of programs including progress toward goals of the Coalition Plan.
- Conduct quality control assessments of Family Services
- Coordinate internal and external audit responses related to Family Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Directly supervise Training Coordinator and Administrative Specialist II positions
- Directly supervise Program Supervisors of the Family Services department at each office location
- Review all performance evaluations conducted by Program Supervisors
- Oversee staff development opportunities for program supervisors and department staff
- Attend community meetings as appropriate
- Present as needed to Board and Program Development Committee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, child development, special education or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in program oversight and service delivery management
- Experience in training adult learners and delivering professional development training packages
- Experience in implementing and supervising program services within the field of human services or early learning
To be the best fit, a candidate will need the following skills/experience:
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and skill levels
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Public speaking and ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must have reliable transportation.
Hours: Normal Coalition Hours are Monday- Friday, 8am- 5pm. 40 Hours per week. Some travel may be required.
Salary: $53,000 – $76,000
Qualified candidates please forward resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 5, 2017.