FAMILY SERVICES SPECIALIST
Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County is searching for a Family Services Specialist. The Family Services Specialist is responsible for determining eligibility of families applying for Scholarship childcare and ongoing file management for families receiving service. Duties also include assisting clients/families in locating quality childcare that meets their needs and referring the families to appropriate community resources and assist with VPK registration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include:
Eligibility Determination and Enrollment
- Responsible for determining eligibility, with all required documentation, of families applying for childcare and tasks to begin child in service within required timeframe.
- Provides case file management once services are approved. Maintains case records, both computerized and hard copy, on all clients, and maintains files and case notes in a pre-determined format
- Coordinates eligibility of referred clients with community agency caseworkers , parents and childcare provider as based on State, Federal and Early Learning Coalition guidelines
- Prepares necessary documentation and processes enrollments and transfers
- Assist Eligibility Coordinator with monthly reports and/or staff training
- Ensures that parents understand rules regarding continued eligibility for services.
- Responsible for assisting clients/families in locating quality childcare that meets their needs, and educating parents on how to choose quality childcare, the types of childcare available, and the importance of being their child’s first teacher.
- Provides referral information for community services as needed, and distributes relevant parent education material, based on client needs
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field preferred
- Five (5) years or more of direct related experience. Social Services experience preferred.
To be the best fit, a candidate will need the following skills/experience:
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and skill levels
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers to include:
- Prompt and courteous response to provider and parent inquiries via telephone and email
- Prompt and courteous response to inquiries from other staff via telephone and email
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Interact as part of a team by exhibiting dependability, cooperation, initiative, and punctuality
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Salary: $32,000 – $44,000
Hours: Normal Coalition Hours are Monday- Friday, 8am- 5pm. 40 Hours per week. Some travel may be required.
Qualified candidates please forward resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 22, 2018.