Child Health & Safety Manager
General Description: Responsible for managing, planning, implementing and evaluating comprehensive health/dental, environmental safety and nutrition programs for children and their families. This position involves extensive record keeping, organizing, and problem-solving and time management. It also involves interpretation and communication of complex regulations and medical data and terminology. Extensive interaction with children, staff, parents and the larger community is also required.
Essential Leadership Functions: Ensures that all enrolled children are up-to-date on a schedule of age appropriate preventive and primary health care within four weeks of child’s entry and as services become due. Works collaboratively with parents to arrange any needed medical, dental, or nutritional examinations and immunizations, keeping in mind parents work schedules. In collaboration with parents and other staff, develops a written follow-up plan and arranges re-screening, further diagnostic testing, examination, and treatment for each child found to have medical, dental or nutritional problems. Identifies health, dental, emergency and nutrition service resources within the community; ensures all these services are included in the Community Resource Directory; and, helps parents, as needed, in securing a source of accessible health care for their families. Develops written health, environmental safety, sanitation, food service and emergency policies and procedures ensuring compliance with local and state regulations, with appropriate director, consultant, staff, parent, board, and grantee participation and approval
- B.S. in Public Health, Public Health Administration, Health Administration, Health and Human Services, Nutrition and Public Health Services or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Registered Nurse or BSN.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Five years of supervisory experience required. Some experience in financial management and budgeting preferred.
- Three years’ experience with special needs population.
- Experience in pre-school aged or head start setting preferred. An understanding of Head Start philosophy and the ability to implement its principle of shared authority and decision-making.
- Experience in human services program management, including program planning, operations and evaluation, and the use of management information systems. Previous Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of HIPAA privacy regulations; Knowledge of health and safety as related to young children and their families; infection control in child care settings; Ability to plan, organize and oversee early childhood health services in a community-based setting; communicate complex health information in a manner easily understood by parents; work with diverse community, student, and staff groups.
- Considerable knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards relating to educating children.
Site Name: Pinellas Head Start/Early Head Start
Contact Person: Dr. Ricardo Davis
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Street Address: 2210 Tall Pines Drive
Zip code: 33771
Send Resumes: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=lsfnet.adp&jobId=160008&lang=en_US&source=CC3
Date Posted: March 13, 2017
Posted Until: April 13, 2017