Food & Safety Coordinator
The Food and Safety Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the health and safety of the Center for Early Learning located in St Petersburg, FL, including the food program, licensing requirements, fire drills and the coordination of supplies, maintenance, and upkeep of the facility.
Food Program & Center supplies:
• Prepare & serve pre-cooked meals to each classroom, and assist with clean up afterward.
• Maintain kitchen to the highest Health Department standards.
• Complete all paperwork & reporting for the Child & Adult Care Food Program and/or National School Lunch Program.
• Assist staff with activities, lesson plans and special events involving food, nutrition, and safety.
• Coordinate deliveries of food and supplies to the Center for the Facilities & Resources Manager and the Food Programs Manager.
Early Childcare Licensing Requirements:
• Detailed knowledge of Licensing requirements: advise and work with staff to ensure that center consistently passes licensing inspections without violations.
• Complete License Board indoor safety inspections and report forms.
• Conduct monthly fire drills to comply with Licensing requirements.
• Coordinate repairs and maintenance of the Center with Facilities & Resources Manager to ensure that the facility complies with NAEYC standards.
• Provide supervision to classrooms during teaching staff break periods to maintain ratios.
Laundry and daily cleaning: Assist with laundry of classroom bedding, etc, using onsite appliances. May be required to do spot cleaning as needed (janitor service comes each evening).
• Attend training sessions, conferences and staff meetings which foster personal growth and/or are required by the Agency, Licensing Board, Health Department, Child and Adult Care Food Program, or contracting agencies.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply, please send resume for consideration to email below.
- High School Diploma and five years’ work experience.
- 45 Clock Hours DCF required Training (or willing to obtain within allotted time upon hire).
- Safe Serve or Food Handling certificate (or be willing to obtain upon hire).
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Clean Level II Background Check (when conducted by the agency upon hire).
- In good health and free from impairment of mental illness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a diverse audience of staff, volunteers, and participants.
- Ability to use a computer to complete basic tasks using email, Excel, Word and online reporting systems.
- Ability to create an environment where children, parents, staff and volunteers are welcomed and affirmed.
Salary: Hourly $10+, Health Benefits pd by Employer, Life AD&D, 11 paid holidays and 15 days PTO annually, Pension after 1 yr.
Site Name: UMCM Suncoast, Administrative Offices
Contact Person: Joyce Morris, HR Director
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Street Address: 12945 Seminole Blvd, Bldg 2
Zip/Post code: 33778
Phone: (727) 754-3915
Send resume to: email@example.com
Date Posted: April 4, 2017
Posted Until: May 4, 2017