|Consider joining our family of professional early childhood educators at The Goddard School of Westchase. The Goddard School of Westchase is an early childhood education center which opened in January 2010. We offer programs beginning infants through pre-kindergarten and have 20+ staff to include teachers, support staff and administrators.
Our goal is to be a unique school and do things differently. Play is the work of children. This describes our school culture. We are a renowned program with a Piaget (Learning through Play) based foundation. Our faculty is made of loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child’s needs. We have extremely high expectations for the children in our program, and even higher for our staff. We expect every teacher to be uncompromising in their commitment to our students.
Regardless of the position you are seeking, you will need to be willing to go above and beyond at all times, be flexible, creative, open-minded, a team player, and willing to be held to an exceptional standard of performance. If you are a creative, dynamic, committed, and motivational teacher, then we want and need you.
We expect our staff to:
– go above and beyond for our kids without fail
– support your colleagues
– communicate with parents continuously
– be creative
– enjoy our work environment and implement ways to make it better each day
– have fun with your students and colleagues
Our school is looking for loving teachers who can inspire kids and make learning fun for them. Our Lead Teachers
– maintain a safe, clean environment.
– foster an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
– provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore and manipulate during age-appropriate learning activities and in imaginative play.
– establish and enforce high expectations for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
– organize each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem solving skills, and creativity.
– organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and learning centers.
– arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
– attend staff meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
– come to work on time, enthusiastic, committed, and professionally prepared every day.
– ability to lift a 15-30 pound child frequently throughout the day.
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team, please send your resume with a thoughtful cover letter to dtampa2FL3@goddardschools.com. Teachers with project-based learning experience and credentials are strongly encouraged to apply.